Sunday, September 6, 2009

I Like to Watch

Stare at someone long enough and you risk being called a "gawker" or an "ogler", perhaps even a "peeper". But, I don't care. When it comes to babies, I'm all those words & more.


I'm a late comer to the baby appreciation game. Ask anyone who knew me as a child and they'll tell you that I simply wasn't interested, preferring my four legged "babies" to the two legged kind.  It wasn't until I met my husband that I actually began to even consider having a baby. I was thirty-four when we got married and thirty-six when I decided to start trying. Four years, three miscarriages, three IVFs & 2 IUIs later my daughter was born. When my daughter turned two, we decided to try for another. It would be another four years 12 IUIs and 2 IVFs before I would welcome the birth of my son.

Perhaps that is why I stare at babies. My experience has taught me that a wanted and loved baby is truly a gift.  So, as I write these words, my son is asleep next to me and every now and then, I look up and stare.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment