Monday, August 24, 2009

Why Blog

As a new mom & fairly recent transplant to Texas, I'm often overwhelmed.

* What are the fun things to do on the weekend because I just can't go to the Children's Museum again!?

* Who knew that the Main Street Theater had a post-Ike hurricane camp?

* Where, at the court house, can I use my breast pump in private?

* Is it really practical for me to work at home while my nanny & 12 week old are in the next room?


My hope is that this blog can serve as a forum for us working Texas Lawyer Moms. So, please feel free to post anything that you feel might be of interest or importance to us all.

4 comments:

  1. I have also wondered about a private place to pump at the courthouse.
    I am looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never blogged before, so this is my first. i'm a single mom texas (bern-n-razD texin) lawyer. i'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to blogging also. I am way past breast feeding, it definitely did not like me. I got mastitis so bad that I ended up back in the hospital for 3 days. Can I complain instead about having my child break a glass over the open crock pot which contained our dinner? Instead of pork chops I'm going to have at least 1 margarita....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hilary, great idea. I was thinking of starting an email group to exchange ideas with other parents at my kids' school regarding such things as what info have you passed on the birds and bees, recommendations for great pediatricians, are your daughters having "fat" issues ALREADY (my goodness, they're only 10!), etc. etc. etc. So perhaps your blog will fill that void for me! My kids are 10 and 8 and I did nurse for a long time (even though it was a long time ago). Can't say I ever did it in the courthouse...but I am really impressed that you're doing that for your baby. It truly is an amazing gift -- hang in there! If I can help in any way with your kid questions, just let me know.
    Terri Zimmermann
    terriz@swbell.net
    (fellow HCCLA member)

    ReplyDelete